- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amazing Muffin Cups(8)
Sort By :
These were great. A fun twist on breakfast. I mixed some almond milk in with the eggs, skipped the red bell pepper and added some onions and some bacon. Very delicious!
I made this earlier in the week and was blown away by the flavour. It's amazing! I grated my own potatoes instead of using premade hashbrowns and used just one cup of cheese instead of two. The Johnsanville sausages are absolutely delicious. If I could give this recipe more than five stars, I would!
Easy and quick
These were really good. The only changes I made were to use freshly grated potatoes (I don't buy frozen hash browns) and I used shredded pepper jack cheese.
Very good recipe :)