- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amazing Muffin Cups(5)
Sort By :
These were really good. The only changes I made were to use freshly grated potatoes (I don't buy frozen hash browns) and I used shredded pepper jack cheese.
Very good recipe :)
I forgot to click on the stars to rate this. So Here I am again.
My husband and I have a flock of domestic ducks. We get a lot of eggs especially in the summer. I am always looking for recipes that use lots of eggs and are easy to prepare.
My husband Ken really enjoyed this dish. Baking this in muffin tins is a great idea for individual servings.
Easy to make, store and reheat. These are very delicious! Another great thing about them is portion control.