- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amazing Muffin Cups
Sort By :
"Like I do when making corn bread, I put a veg oil in the pan, make sure to brush it over the sides then put in the over until it is very hot, like ready to fry bacon. I fill it at once then place back into the over. You get nice crisp sides and bottom.MIng ;Kaye Bryson Dodd"
"AWESOME! We are vegetarian so I used our veggie sausage. This was very easy and delicious - thanks for sharing!!"
"Good recipe! I make a batch and freeze them. They are great for a quick breakfast."
"tried it with turkey sausage it was wonderful !!!!"
"this was great. family loved it."