Amazing Muffin Cups
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Chopped fresh chives or green onions
- In a bowl, combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper. Press
- mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of greased non-stick muffin
- cups. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions; cut into
- ½-inch pieces. Divide sausage among muffin cups. Combine the eggs,
- cheese and bell pepper. Spoon over sausage. Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until set.
- Option: This recipe can be doubled to make jumbo breakfast muffin
- cups. Press hash brown mixture into 12 greased jumbo non-stick
- muffin cups. Bake crust for 12 minutes. Fill cups and bake 22-24
- minutes longer or until set. Yield: 12 servings.