Amazing Muffin Cups Recipe
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- 1. Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- 3. Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- 4. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- 5. In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC