- 12 links Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage
- 3 cups frozen country-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package instructions, cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Amazing Muffin Cups
"Like I do when making corn bread, I put a veg oil in the pan, make sure to brush it over the sides then put in the over until it is very hot, like ready to fry bacon. I fill it at once then place back into the over. You get nice crisp sides and bottom.MIng ;Kaye Bryson Dodd"
"AWESOME! We are vegetarian so I used our veggie sausage. This was very easy and delicious - thanks for sharing!!"
"tried it with turkey sausage it was wonderful !!!!"
"this was great. family loved it."
"I made this for the employees where I work and it was a major hit! One question, shouldn't the recipe say '2 cups (16 ounces) of cheese' instead of '2 cups (8 ounces)' ?"
"These were great. A fun twist on breakfast. I mixed some almond milk in with the eggs, skipped the red bell pepper and added some onions and some bacon. Very delicious!"
"I made this earlier in the week and was blown away by the flavour. It's amazing! I grated my own potatoes instead of using premade hashbrowns and used just one cup of cheese instead of two. The Johnsanville sausages are absolutely delicious. If I could give this recipe more than five stars, I would!"
"Easy and quick"
"These were really good. The only changes I made were to use freshly grated potatoes (I don't buy frozen hash browns) and I used shredded pepper jack cheese."