Chock-full of peaches, raisins and pecans, this lovely conserve enhances ordinary slices of toast.—Redawna Kalynchuk, Sexsmith, Alberta
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 pounds peaches, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Place raisins with liquid in a large saucepan. Add peaches and orange peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices; return to a boil. Add sugar. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add pecans; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into five hot sterilized half-pint jars. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Originally published as Amaretto-Peach Preserves in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p130
Reviews for Amaretto-Peach Preserves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review