- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 pounds peaches, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Place raisins with liquid in a large saucepan. Add peaches and orange peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices; return to a boil. Add sugar. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Add pecans; cook 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in Amaretto.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Reviews for Amaretto-Peach Preserves(2)
Sort By :
First time in years that I have made preserves. This recipe sounded simple and I love amaretto peach preserves so I made it. Unfortunately, I don't think it set. The cooking times were longer and because the amaretto seemed to be overwhelming, I reduced the amount to 2 tbsp. instead of 3. I am hoping that as it cools it will set just a little more. I will eat it however it comes out. It is really good on crackers for a midnight snack. Thank you for the recipe.
This has become another family favorite! I am so glad to share it with everyone.