Amaretto Peach Parfaits Recipe
This beautiful peach dessert makes the kind of impression a cook dreams about. Making the meringues a day ahead speeds up the prep time considerably.—Connie McDowell, Greenwood, Delaware
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 70 min. + standing YIELD:6 servings
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup Amaretto, divided
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: toasted flaked coconut and/or sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 32-38 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and 1 tablespoon Amaretto. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in cream and remaining Amaretto until thickened.
- 4. Crumble two-thirds of the cookies; place 2 tablespoons crushed cookies in each of six dessert dishes. Layer with half of the peaches, Amaretto cream and remaining crushed cookies; repeat layers. Garnish with coconut and/or almonds if desired. Store leftover cookies in an airtight container. Yield: 6 servings plus about 1 dozen leftover cookies.
1 parfait equals 644 calories, 36 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC