- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup Amaretto, divided
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: toasted flaked coconut and/or sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 32-38 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool on baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar and 1 tablespoon Amaretto. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in cream and remaining Amaretto until thickened.
- Crumble two-thirds of the cookies; place 2 tablespoons crushed cookies in each of six dessert dishes. Layer with half of the peaches, Amaretto cream and remaining crushed cookies; repeat layers. Garnish with coconut and/or almonds if desired. Store leftover cookies in an airtight container. Yield: 6 servings plus about 1 dozen leftover cookies.
Reviews for Amaretto Peach Parfaits
Sort By :
"I wanted something quick and special for fresh peaches and berries from our local farmers' market to whip up when my brother's family came over for dinner. So all I did was make the simple amaretto syrup and let the fresh sliced peaches marinate in it in the fridge for an hour or so while we ate. I served the peaches in clear dishes with a few fresh blackberries on top, drizzled syrup from bottom of the bowl; then a dollop of whipped topping with a few blueberries and fresh mint sprigs snipped from my herb garden. OMG! Rave reviews! Everyone thought the taste was just perfect - fresh, light and summery. My sister-in-law loved the flavor so much she wanted more amaretto! Next time I will make the entire recipe. This is definitely a keeper even if you go simple and make only the peaches & syrup!"
"My mom found this recipe. It sounded good so we decided to try it. We didn't make the meringues because we didn't have the time. We used crispy almond cookies. Everyone loved this. I would definitely make it again. Would be good with any fruit - whatever is seasonal."