Amaretto Peach Oatmeal
“As my children grew, we were going through lots of those little oatmeal packets,” writes Renee Endress of Galva, Illinois. “I found it's cheaper to make your own. This creation is simple and filling, and the Amaretto flavor makes it extra special.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups 2% milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 snack-size cups (4 ounces each) diced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated Amaretto nondairy creamer
- In a large saucepan, bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in oats;
- cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the peaches, sugar and creamer.
- Yield: 4 servings.