Amaretto Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°, stirring constantly. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in Amaretto and extract. Fold in whipped cream and toasted almonds. Pour into a 9-in. square pan; cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cut ice cream into squares. Drizzle each serving with chocolate; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 386 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Amaretto Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.