Amaretto Ice Cream Recipe
Ordinary ice cream just won't do for the holidays. So I make this cool and creamy treat featuring Amaretto, almonds and chocolate chips.Guests can't resist it!Nancy Paul, Lakeview, Ohio
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°, stirring constantly. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in Amaretto and extract. Fold in whipped cream and toasted almonds. Pour into a 9-in. square pan; cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cut ice cream into squares. Drizzle each serving with chocolate; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Amaretto Ice Cream in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p171
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Amaretto Ice Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review