Amaretto Dream Cupcakes
Treat yourself to these indulgent little cupcakes laced with the irresistible flavor of Amaretto and slivered almonds. —Anette Stevens, Olds, Alberta
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Amaretto Butter Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and Amaretto, beating
- well after each addition. Stir in almonds.
- Fill paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for
- 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.