- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Place chocolates in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolates; whisk until smooth. Stir in Amaretto and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 30 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Amaretto Cream Truffles
Sort By :
They were pretty easy to make and good, but nothing special. I did use almond extract instead of Amaretto though. Not sure if I'll make again.
These are rich and creamy and decadent. The Amaretto really gives it great flavor. These would be good with Irish cream or some other flavoring also.
MADE THESE FOR THE STORE AND RAY'S FAMILY, STATED THAT THEY WERE ADDICTIVE.
Great recipe! I made some for Christmas gifts and everyone loved them. So easy to make! This is easily one of my favorite recipes on Taste of Home!
Actually make it the lazy man way... I spread mixture on cookie sheet,sprinkle topping over all, and break up like bark. mmmmmm.