The velvety texture of the almond filling with the sensational chocolate coating make these truffles truly heavenly. I like to give them as gifts during the holidays.—Sherry Day, Pinckney, Michigan
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Place chocolates in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolates; whisk until smooth. Stir in Amaretto and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 30 servings.
Originally published as Amaretto Cream Truffles in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p65
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Amaretto Cream Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review