Amaretto Cheese-Filled Apricots
“I had these at a holiday party and thought they were excellent,” says Yvonne Starlin of Portland, Tennessee. You get lots of sweet flavor in one little bite!
25 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Gently loosen a long side of each apricot, splitting apricots to
- resemble clamshells. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup
- almonds, cherries and amaretto until blended. Spoon 1-1/4 teaspoons
- filling into each apricot.
- Place remaining almonds in a small shallow dish; roll exposed cheese
- portions of apricots in nuts. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled apricot equals 42 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.