Amaretto Cheese-Filled Apricots Recipe
“I had these at a holiday party and thought they were excellent,” says Yvonne Starlin of Portland, Tennessee. You get lots of sweet flavor in one little bite!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:25 servings
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 5 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. Gently loosen a long side of each apricot, splitting apricots to resemble clamshells. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup almonds, cherries and amaretto until blended. Spoon 1-1/4 teaspoons filling into each apricot.
- 2. Place remaining almonds in a small shallow dish; roll exposed cheese portions of apricots in nuts. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 filled apricot equals 42 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC