“I had these at a holiday party and thought they were excellent,” says Yvonne Starlin of Portland, Tennessee. You get lots of sweet flavor in one little bite!
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Gently loosen a long side of each apricot, splitting apricots to resemble clamshells. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup almonds, cherries and amaretto until blended. Spoon 1-1/4 teaspoons filling into each apricot.
- Place remaining almonds in a small shallow dish; roll exposed cheese portions of apricots in nuts. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Amaretto Cheese-Filled Apricots in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p46
Reviews for Amaretto Cheese-Filled Apricots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review