- 1 package (7 ounces) dried pitted Mediterranean apricots
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract plus 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Gently loosen a long side of each apricot, splitting apricots to resemble clamshells. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup almonds, cherries and amaretto until blended. Spoon 1-1/4 teaspoons filling into each apricot.
- Place remaining almonds in a small shallow dish; roll exposed cheese portions of apricots in nuts. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Amaretto Cheese-Filled Apricots
Sort By :
"These were very tasty and liked by all. I of course used (full-fat) cream cheese to bring out the full flavor of these treats."
"These were excellent! I used (full-fat) mascarpone instead of cream cheese, and they were delicious. All the friends who tried them wanted the recipe and couldn't believe how simple they were."
"This is a healthy alternative to cookies. I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and had to add much less orange juice so the mixture was still stiff for filling. We love them."
"Wow...these are amazing. Not hard to make and I got rave reviews from family and friends. I made both the "Adult" version and the one for the kids. They all disappeared. Thanks for an excellent recipe. I will be making these again and again!!!"