Always-Tender Roasted Turkey Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 turkey (22 to 24 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 turkey-size oven roasting bag
- 4 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic. Pat turkey dry. Carefully loosen skin of turkey; rub butter mixture under the skin. Sprinkle salt and pepper over skin of turkey and inside cavity. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place flour in oven bag and shake to coat. Place oven bag in a roasting pan; add celery and onions. Place turkey, breast side up, over vegetables. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close bag with tie provided.
- Bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat and thicken drippings if desired.
- If preparing turkey the day before, pour drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. Arrange slices in an ungreased shallow roasting pan; pour drippings over turkey. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake at 350° for 45-65 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 22-24 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Always-Tender Roasted Turkey
Sort By :
Just finished Thanksgiving Dinner. I have tried several recipes over the years. I look no longer for a turkey recipe! This is it! I won't be trying any others. everyone loved it.
I've been making this for 3 years for every turkey I've ever made in my life (I was looking for an easy recipe for my first time) and I've used it on about 8 turkeys and they always come out perfectly! I recommend it to everyone!
I've been making this recipe for, I think, 6 years now and it has always turned out perfectly!
This recipe is almost identical to the one I have used for years. It took me a few years to perfect my turkey and now I see a version of my trials here on ToH! This is an easy way to have your turkey come out moist and delicious with very little fuss, allowing you to spend your time on other dishes. My 10 children love turkey baked this way!
I made this for my family for Thanksgiving last year and they are still talking about how moist it was! Not to mention the amazing flavor it has!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >