Aloha Quick Bread Recipe
This recipe has been a family favorite for several years. The addition of coconut, orange peel, pineapple and nuts gives a new twist to a loaf of banana bread. It's so good I sometimes serve slices of it for dessert. -Lanita Anderson, Chesapeake, Virginia
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana, milk, orange peel and extracts.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in coconut, nuts and pineapple. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- 3. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 239 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC