- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana, milk, orange peel and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in coconut, nuts and pineapple. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Aloha Quick Bread
Sort By :
"This is a very tasty bread. I didn't drain the pineapple either, but do have a discrepancy with baking time. I make many quick breads, and have never ever baked any for over an hour. I suggest checking it after 55 minutes. I love the hawaiian twist to this recipe."
"Excellent bread. I made some changes to make this a healthier treat for my family. I used all whole wheat flour; 1 whole egg & 1 egg white; 1/4 c, applesauce & 1/4 c. Coconut oil; and reduced the sugar to 1/3 c. Packed brown sugar & 1/3 c. Granulated sugar. I also added 1/2-3/4 t. Cinnamon. In addition, I pre-toasted the pecans and coconut to bring out extra flavor. I baked three mini loaves for about 55 min. This recipe is a winner!"
"Perfect morning treat!"
"Fantastic bread. Moist and refreshing. I used slivered almonds. Family enjoyed this bread and I will definitely be making this again."
"Love the hawaiian twist to your typical banana bread recipe. I didn't have almond extract on hand so only used vanilla extract and chopped walnuts, Mmmmmmmm!"