- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana, milk, orange peel and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in coconut, nuts and pineapple. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Aloha Quick Bread
"This is a very tasty bread. I didn't drain the pineapple either, but do have a discrepancy with baking time. I make many quick breads, and have never ever baked any for over an hour. I suggest checking it after 55 minutes. I love the hawaiian twist to this recipe."
"Excellent bread. I made some changes to make this a healthier treat for my family. I used all whole wheat flour; 1 whole egg & 1 egg white; 1/4 c, applesauce & 1/4 c. Coconut oil; and reduced the sugar to 1/3 c. Packed brown sugar & 1/3 c. Granulated sugar. I also added 1/2-3/4 t. Cinnamon. In addition, I pre-toasted the pecans and coconut to bring out extra flavor. I baked three mini loaves for about 55 min. This recipe is a winner!"
"Perfect morning treat!"
"Fantastic bread. Moist and refreshing. I used slivered almonds. Family enjoyed this bread and I will definitely be making this again."
"Love the hawaiian twist to your typical banana bread recipe. I didn't have almond extract on hand so only used vanilla extract and chopped walnuts, Mmmmmmmm!"
"The way to do without the sugar is to use Stevia Blend. It is from the stevia plant and contains no chemicals. It is completely natural. You also use half the amount of sugar. "
"This was absoultely delicious and easy to make!!"
"Absolutely melt in your mouth good!"
"I followed the recipe exactly as written and we loved it. Will definitely make this again!"
"Really moist and fresh tasting. I think next time I will drain the pineapple though. I don't like a quick bread recipe unless it is moist but this was almost too dense."