Aloha Pork Chops
I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and adapting recipes to suit my tastes. In this one, I give everyday pork chops extra flair by simmering them in tangy sauce. Palate-pleasing rice adds texture.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- Sprinkle pork chops with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, brown
- chops on both sides in 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; remove
- and set aside. Drain skillet; add sweet-and-sour sauce and pineapple
- chunks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chops to skillet.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in
- remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir-fry sauce; cook and
- stir for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving
- platter; top with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer