Pineapple and brown sugar give this chili a unique tropical taste.—Dyan Cornies, Vernon, British Columbia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no meat
- is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8
- servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 371 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.