- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Aloha Chili
Sort By :
This is a great twist on chili. It would not replace our regular classic chili recipe but sometimes it is nice to have something a little different. We took it camping and it seemed very appropriate for warm weather chili!
This recipe came out awesome! I added some cooked bacon and several serrano peppers to spicen it up. After cooking it, I threw it in a slow cooker and let it keep cooking on low for an hour or two. It was amazing. I accidentally used a 1/2 cup of brown sugar, but it was great. Next time I'll stick to a 1/4 cup. Chili cookoff tomorow, we'll see how it goes.
I decided to make this recipe when I was looking for a way to use up some crushed pineapple that was leftover from another recipe. I didn't want to make such a big batch, however, so I made some adjustments to the recipe. I cut the 2 lbs of ground beef down to 1 lb of pork sausage. Used about 1/3 cup onion, reduced the ketchup to 1/2 cup, substituted 20 oz crushed pineapple for the pineapple chunks, used 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar and eliminated the vinegar. Left the kidney beans & pork & beans as is. Loved the sweetness the pineapple adds to this recipe - what a nice change from traditional chili! Comes together quickly. Will be making this one again.
ugh wish I could have said I liked it. I didnt think the combination of items tasted good together.
I got this recipe from my friend Alice in NY. It is great. My family loves it.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Chili Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >