Pineapple and brown sugar give this chili a unique tropical taste.—Dyan Cornies, Vernon, British Columbia
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Aloha Chili in Country Woman January/February 1996, p35
Reviews for Aloha Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review