Almost Raspberry Jam
This jam is a creative way to use up all of the leftover green tomatoes in the garden. The raspberry gelatin adds wonderful flavor.—Sue Ellen Dillard, El Dorado, Arkansas
56 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 5-1/2 cups chopped green tomatoes
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- In a large stockpot, combine tomatoes and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from
- heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved, about 1 minute. Pour into
- jars or plastic containers; cool, stirring occasionally to prevent
- floating fruit. Top with lids. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Yield: 7
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.