- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet, stir-fry broccoli in hot oil 3 minutes. Add pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir soy sauce mixture; stir into vegetables with nuts. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Almond Vegetable Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"My family enjoyed this recipe as a side dish. I also used frozen broccoli for convenience, and it worked great. I don't think using frozen added to the cooking time at all."
"Good. I used dried ginger, a package of frozen broccoli, and toasted sesame seeds instead. Served over rice. It was tasty. I like my sauce thick and lots of it, so it needed more. I liked the color!"
"Very good. I added shrimp, mushrooms and angel hair pasta for a more filling meal."
"Really good! I will make these vegies again!"
"Sounds very good cannot wait to try."