- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet, stir-fry broccoli in hot oil 3 minutes. Add pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir soy sauce mixture; stir into vegetables with nuts. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Almond Vegetable Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I have begun having one meatless dinner per week, and this is the latest recipe I tried. I did not have sesame oil, so I used canola; I have no doubt the sesame oil would be even better. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written with the exception of adding a sprinkling of crushed red pepper. My husband and both enjoyed this served over rice. We loved the crunch that the almonds provided. Next time, I may add some sliced water chestnuts for additional crunch, but his is very good as written.
okay has not much flavore
We will definitely make this again! My wife went back for seconds - not a normal behavior for her on anything. I stuck to the recipe and it was superb. This dish could go with so many meat dishes - we ate it with chicken in mustard sauce. And very easy to make.
A delicious recipe. I served it on brown rice with the Teriyaki Pork Roast and my family raved about the meal.
Very good. I made it again last night.