While broccoli florets and chunks of red pepper give this dish plenty of color, it's the fresh gingerroot, garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil that round out the flavor. -Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick wok or skillet, stir-fry broccoli in hot oil 3 minutes. Add pepper, onion, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir soy sauce mixture; stir into vegetables with nuts. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Almond Vegetable Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p37
Reviews for Almond Vegetable Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review