Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California shared the recipe for this yummy mainstay. Pineapple juice, ginger and soy sauce lend a slightly tangy flavor to the chicken strips and veggies in this pretty blend. A package of frozen vegetables speeds along the prep time, making this a quick meal for busy weeknights.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and almonds in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger. Stir in pineapple juice and soy sauce until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chicken Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p6
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review