Almond Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and almonds in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add vegetables. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger. Stir in pineapple juice and soy sauce until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Vegetable Chicken Stir-Fry(5)
Sort By :
It is very quick & simple to make with just a touch of asian food flavor!
I really liked this recipe. The almonds gave it a wonderful crunch. I used my own combination of fresh vegetables and stir-fried a little before covering them to cook. Really good!!
Even my picky eater described it as tasty and got seconds, even if she did leave off vegetables.
This is easy to make, and the whole family loves it! I make this all the time!
This was very good. i'm not a fan of soy sauce but everyone else liked the sauce. it made a very nice easy dinner :) my first time making chicken and it turned out really good so i was happy!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >