- and green onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender, about 5-6
- minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water chestnuts and
- turkey; heat through.
- Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve
- with hot cooked rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup stir-fry mixture, calculated without rice) equals 303 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer