Almond Turkey Casserole Recipe
My husband and I have enjoyed cooking together since we were married some 40 years ago. This recipe is a favorite. We make it whenever we have leftover turkey or chicken.Lucille Rowland, Stillwater, Minnesota
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Place noodles and broccoli in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the turkey; pour over noodle mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Almond Turkey Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p25
Reviews for Almond Turkey Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review