Almond Truffle Brownies
This wonderful recipe is one my mom just had to share with me after she baked them. These fudgy almond delights are made in several steps, but the extra effort is well worth it!
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-25
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large
- bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat
- in the milk, extract and melted chips. Spread over brownies.