Almond Truffle Brownies Recipe
This wonderful recipe is one my mom just had to share with me after she baked them. These fudgy almond delights are made in several steps, but the extra effort is well worth it!
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, extract and melted chips. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. For topping, in a small saucepan, melt chips and cream over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over filling. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate at least 1 hour longer before cutting. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC