Almond-Topped Spiced Peaches
A dab of cinnamon-flavored sour cream is the perfect complement to these nutty curried peaches. In the oven, the fruit juice forms a wonderful sauce for spooning over each serving.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) peach halves, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place peach halves in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set
- aside. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and curry
- powder. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour
- over peaches. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine sour cream and cinnamon; serve with peaches. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.