Almond-Topped Spiced Peaches Recipe
A dab of cinnamon-flavored sour cream is the perfect complement to these nutty curried peaches. In the oven, the fruit juice forms a wonderful sauce for spooning over each serving.
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) peach halves, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place peach halves in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and curry powder. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over peaches. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Combine sour cream and cinnamon; serve with peaches. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC