Almond-Topped Spiced Peaches Recipe
A dab of cinnamon-flavored sour cream is the perfect complement to these nutty curried peaches. In the oven, the fruit juice forms a wonderful sauce for spooning over each serving.
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) peach halves, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place peach halves in an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and curry powder. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over peaches. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Combine sour cream and cinnamon; serve with peaches. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Almond-Topped Spiced Peaches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p13
Reviews for Almond-Topped Spiced Peaches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review