Almond-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and pumpkin pie spice; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, eggnog, flour, syrup and spices. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 4. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 5. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until almonds are toasted.
- 6. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 329 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Almond-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake
"I make this every year for my girlfriend's halloween party! Big hit... Delicious!"
"JUST ADD MILK TO REPLACE THE EGGNOG"
"Will it come out right if I do not put the eggnog in it? I really do not like it, but I don't want to ruin it..."