Almond-Topped Fish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; place in a 400° oven until melted. Spread butter over bottom of dish; cover with onion.
- 2. Arrange fish over onion; sprinkle with salt, dill and pepper. Combine the Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, parsley and lemon juice; spread over fish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 fillet) equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Almond-Topped Fish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.