Almond-Topped Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Transfer to serving plate and keep warm. Add almonds and remaining butter to skillet; cook and stir just until almonds are lightly browned. Stir in lemon juice; heat through. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Topped Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.