Almond-Topped Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Transfer to serving plate and keep warm. Add almonds and remaining butter to skillet; cook and stir just until almonds are lightly browned. Stir in lemon juice; heat through. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 211 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Topped Chicken
"Didn't really enjoy this at all. I loved that it was quick, but it seemed unfinished. Sorry."
"easy and quick, I usually add more lemon than recipe calls for to give additional zing!!"
"As written it is a little bland. Definitely needs some seasoning. I went with salt pepper, paprika and just a touch of garlic powder."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.