Almond-Topped Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, julienned
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the raisins, butter, honey, lemon juice, ginger and pepper.
- 2. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Sprinkle with almonds before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 177 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Almond-Topped Carrots
"This was very easy to make. If you like carrots this is a delicious way to serve them. I used baby carrots as I couldn't find julienned that day and I was short on time."