- 2 pounds carrots, julienned
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add the raisins, butter, honey, lemon juice, ginger and pepper.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Sprinkle with almonds before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Almond-Topped Carrots in Country Extra November 2000, p49
Reviews for Almond-Topped Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2013
"This was very easy to make. If you like carrots this is a delicious way to serve them. I used baby carrots as I couldn't find julienned that day and I was short on time."