Almond Toffee Recipe
I love this recipe because it makes me look like an expert candy maker...it's so easy! This candy graces our table from Thanksgiving through the New Year. —Janice Sage, Garretson, South Dakota
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10 in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Cool for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 3 minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with almonds; press down lightly. Cool until chocolate is firm. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 1 pound.
1 serving (1 each) equals 98 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC