- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Toffee Sandies
"I made these yesterday and they are wonderful! I did not have almonds but I had lots of pecans, so I chopped up 2 cups and used those. I also used vanilla, rather than almond extract, to go along with the pecans. I shared some with a friend yesterday and brought a couple dozen to work today and everyone loves them. They remind us a pecan sandy!"
"I've made these numerous times. Everyone loves them. It's not easy to find the toffee so I bought it on Amazon. I had to buy a lot but since they're now a family favorite I'll make them more often."
"Great reactions from everyone that had them. Definitely a keeper! I think next time I may get whole almonds and give them a rough chop instead of the sliced almonds."
"Oh how I wish I could stay out of these delicious cookies!!!"
"what kind of sugar do you use, is it regular su?gar and powered sugar"
"Forgot the confectionery sugar and they were still awesome!"
"These cookies are fantastic! I have made them about 3 times. They are a wonderful cookie to have with coffee and are full of buttery, toffee, nutty goodness. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. It has become my very favorite of all cookies. 5 stars!!"
"Suzanne, toffee bits are Heath's bits o' brickle. That's what I'm going to use. I have not made these yet, so I'll rate on eye appeal. Why do people change the recipe completely and then rate the original recipe?"
"Where do I get just toffee bits? Could only find Hershey chocolate coated Heath bits. Had to rate it to submit. Will revise once I bake."