- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Toffee Sandies
"I made these yesterday and they are wonderful! I did not have almonds but I had lots of pecans, so I chopped up 2 cups and used those. I also used vanilla, rather than almond extract, to go along with the pecans. I shared some with a friend yesterday and brought a couple dozen to work today and everyone loves them. They remind us a pecan sandy!"
"I've made these numerous times. Everyone loves them. It's not easy to find the toffee so I bought it on Amazon. I had to buy a lot but since they're now a family favorite I'll make them more often."
"Great reactions from everyone that had them. Definitely a keeper! I think next time I may get whole almonds and give them a rough chop instead of the sliced almonds."
"Oh how I wish I could stay out of these delicious cookies!!!"
"what kind of sugar do you use, is it regular su?gar and powered sugar"