Almond Toffee Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- Line the bottom and sides of a 15-in. x 10 in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- Pour into prepared pan. Cool for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 3 minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with almonds; press down lightly. Cool until chocolate is firm. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews for Almond Toffee(9)
Sort By :
This is fabulous! Everyone loves it and wants more. It NEVER fails for me
I make this toffee recipe every year! The kids beg for it!! Wouldn't change a thing :)
This is now my favorite Christmas treat!!
This recipe is very hard on teeth! To fix it, add 1/3 cp brown sugar after butter has melted, 1/2 t Kosher salt and double he amount of almonds, adding half the chopped almonds to the melted butter/sugar mix about 4 mins prior to the end of cooking. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and spread thin over toffee. Coat the chocolate with finely ground almonds. Cover this finished side with a sheet of parchment and fit a like-sized pan snugly on top. Flip it over and repeat the chocolate/ground almond applications. Then, refrigerate about 30 mins. Now, you're good to go. The result should be a much softer toffee. If not, then it cooked too long. The almonds on the inside makes this easier on the teeth and so does the brown sugar; so, you should be fine. Play with it & don't cook it too long after the taffy stage.
This candy looks absoutley wonderful and "store bought" but is so chewy that it could pull your fillings out. Anyone know what I did wrong?
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >