Almond-Tipped Shortbread Fingers Recipe
My husband enjoys these cookies so much that he usually can't wait until they're set to start eating them. If you'd like, try dipping them into melted semisweet chocolate and chopped pecans.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Shape 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in. thick logs. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Then dip into almonds. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Tipped Shortbread Fingers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC