Almond Tea Bread Recipe
This special bread has been a Christmas tradition in our family for a long time—my aunt brought this recipe with her from Scotland! I like it because the almond and fruit give it such a rich flavor.
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pitted cherries or blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine almond paste and butter; beat until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, gently toss cherries and 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- 2. Combine the baking powder, salt, remaining flour; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Spoon a sixth of the batter into each of two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans; sprinkle layers with half of the fruit. Cover with another layer of batter and sprinkle with remaining fruit. Top with remaining batter; smooth with spatula.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Tea Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC