- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup apricot jam, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Add egg and toss with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place almond paste in a food processor, cover and process until crumbly. Add the sugar, butter, extracts and eggs; cover and process until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into thirty 2-1/2-in. circles; press dough into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon filling into each shell; sprinkle with a few almonds. Bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is set and pastry is lightly browned. Brush jam over tarts. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 30 tartlets.
Originally published as Almond Tartlets in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p282
Reviews for Almond Tartlets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review