Almond Taragon Pesto
Sensational over whole wheat pasta, this nutty and mild pesto comes together easily and freezes well. —Liza Amor, Las Vegas, Nevada
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in grapeseed oil until tender; set
- Place the almonds, tarragon, cheese, honey, salt and pepper in a food
- processor; cover and pulse until chopped. While processing,
- gradually add shallot mixture and olive oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer pesto to ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for up to 1
- To use frozen pesto: Thaw in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 250 calories, 26 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.