Sensational over whole wheat pasta, this nutty and mild pesto comes together easily and freezes well. —Liza Amor, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- Hot cooked pasta, cheese logs or beef tenderloin steaks
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in grapeseed oil until tender; set aside.
- Place the almonds, tarragon, cheese, honey, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. While processing, gradually add shallot mixture and olive oil in a steady stream. Transfer pesto to ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen pesto: Thaw in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Serve with pasta, cheese logs or beef tenderloin steaks. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Almond Taragon Pesto in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p230
Reviews for Almond Taragon Pesto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review