Almond Sunshine Citrus Recipe
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 medium red grapefruit
- 1 medium white grapefruit
- 1 small lemon
- 1 small lime
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Grate enough peel from the oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime to measure 1 tablespoon of mixed citrus peel; set peel aside. To section citrus fruit, cut a thin slice off the bottom and top of the oranges, grapefruit, lemon and lime. Place each fruit cut side down on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, remove peel and white pith. Holding fruit over a bowl, slice between the membrane of each section and the fruit until the knife reaches the center; remove sections and place in a glass bowl. Set 1/2 cup juice aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and reserved peel and juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Cool; stir in extract. Pour over fruit. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Almond Sunshine Citrus in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p29
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond Sunshine Citrus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2010
"The last reviewer mistakenly put this down as a one star when I think they meant 5 star...this was great!"
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2009
"I love citrus so this is perfect for me. It was very good."