Almond Sugar Cookies
It's a tradition in our house to start baking Christmas cookies early in the season and try some new recipes every year. This nutty glazed melt-in-your-mouth cookie is one of my favorites.
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- Green food coloring, optional
- Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Roll into 1-in.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass
- with cooking spray; dip in sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared
- glass, dipping glass in sugar again as needed.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, almond