Almond-Studded Chocolate Loaf Recipe
With rich chocolate flavor and a nutty topping, slices of this luscious loaf could be served as a dessert or sweet snack. I've also been known to give it as a gift.—Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, brown sugar, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup almonds and 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and chips. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 252 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Studded Chocolate Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC