- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, brown sugar, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup almonds and 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds and chips. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Almond-Studded Chocolate Loaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p47
Reviews for Almond-Studded Chocolate Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review