Almond Spritz cookies Recipe
"These almond-flavored cookies are great for holiday bake sales," pens Tanya Hart of Muncie, Indiana. "They can be left plain or decorated with colored sugar and frosting."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green and red colored sugar, chopped candied cherries and red frosting, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Immediately add cherries if desired, lightly pressing onto cookies. Cool on wire racks. Decorate with frosting if desired. Yield: about 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC