- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pink and red colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Spritz Cookies
"This a fantastic recipe for spritz cookies. The almond flavor is light but tasty. I used a Pampered Chef cookie press with no problems at all. Perfect cookies! My husband ate 7 of them before I could put them up. FYI: I'm at 6550' elevation and increased the all purpose flour by 1/4 cup and they were great."
"Of course my cookie press decided to stop working today so I had to come up with a quick solution. I used a scoop, placed ball on cookie sheet after dipping in colored sugar, added a tiny ball on top of each cookie and flattened with a glass. Results were yummy, charming cookie ornaments. Received so many complements at our cookie swap all thanks to a great recipe and a little ingenuity."
"I used to make spritz every Christmas, using my Swedish grandma's recipe. This year is the first year she's not here and I had lost her recipe. This one is almost identical to hers and the cookies turned out really good. I had to refrigerate them for a while though, because they got too soft and then I had to warm them up just a bit to get them softened again. Will definitely be making these again next Christmas!"
"Spritz cookies are my favorite!"